Patrons are expected to use Library resources and facilities in such a way that does not interfere with other patrons’ use of the Library.
- Telephones. Cell phone use should be limited to enclosed areas within the Library (e.g., study and copier rooms). Please silence audible ringers while in the Library and conduct all phone conversations in a quiet and non-disruptive manner. Patrons may make free local calls on the telephone in the copier room located on the bridge between the two buildings housing the Library.
- Access. Please remember that all aisles and walking areas must remain open and freely accessible.
- Personal belongings. Avoid theft. Please do not leave personal belongings unattended. The Library is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to personal items.
- Food and beverage. Patrons may bring beverages into the Library, as long as they are contained in spill-proof containers. Non-disruptive food – i.e., snacks that are neither malodorous nor noisy – may be eaten in the Library. We discourage patrons from eating meals in the Library; hot food and food requiring the use of utensils should be eaten outside of the Library.
It is expected that all patrons will dispose of trash and clean areas after consuming food and beverages. Custodial staff is limited, and, for the benefit of all patrons, it is important that all Library users do their part in maintaining the cleanliness and livability of the Library.
- Children. Children under the age of 14 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Study rooms. A number of study rooms are located in the Library. These rooms are reserved for use by members of the law school community (students, faculty, and staff).
- Noise and quiet areas. The Library encourages collaboration among students, but, in the interests of all patrons, requests that conversations be kept at reasonable levels so as to permit others to use Library resources. The fourth floor of the Library has been designated as a ‘quiet zone.’ Patrons should refrain from collaborating and conversing in that area.
- Tours and group use. Library staff members are available to provide tours of the Library and its collections. Please contact Jeanne Price, director of the Library (firstname.lastname@example.org; 702-895-2404), to schedule a tour.
Groups unaffiliated with UNLV are requested to contact the head of circulation at the Library (email@example.com) prior to scheduling group visits to the Library.
- Prohibited behaviors. Patrons shall not prevent or limit access by others to Library resources and facilities. Destruction and defacement of Library property is prohibited, as is engaging in disorderly or disruptive conduct. Verbally or physically abusing or harassing other individuals within the Library is also prohibited. All patrons must leave the Library upon closing or as directed by Library staff. Smoking, using tobacco products, possessing firearms or other weapons, selling, soliciting, or distributing unapproved materials, bringing animals into the Library (other than certified assistance animals), and failing to comply with the directions of University or law enforcement officials are prohibited.
Patrons may not distribute or display materials in the Library without the approval of Library staff. No solicitation or selling of any products is allowed in the Library without the prior approval of the Library director.
Any offensive, disruptive, threatening, or dangerous conduct or language within the Library should be reported to the Library director or to any Library staff member.
- All portable items may be subject to inspection upon request by a Library staff member. Identification may be requested by any Library staff member and must be presented upon request. Patrons whose conduct violates Library or University policies will be asked to modify their behavior or to leave the Library. Failure to comply with these policies or applicable laws and regulations may result in the loss of Library privileges, in addition to other legal consequences. The Library will pursue infractions or misconduct through campus disciplinary and/or law enforcement channels as appropriate.