|"Casino law is a really interesting and exciting area of the law, and there is no better place to learn about the industry than Las Vegas. Having an LL.M. is a great asset to any attorney."
-Jordan Hollander, gaming law LL.M. inaugural class member
Why should I pursue an LL.M. in Gaming Law?
The gaming industry is primed for rapid growth, making a career in gaming law both educationally and professionally rewarding.
- Global Growth. Commercial casinos are a booming multi-billion dollar industry within the United States. The industry continues to flourish worldwide, with Macau alone generating over $40 billion in revenue in 2013.
- Career Development. As the industry grows, so will the need for lawyers with working knowledge of gaming law.
Why should I pursue my LL.M. at the William S. Boyd School of Law?
- Location. You will have exposure to the most successful, thoughtful and influential gaming leaders in the world, plus access to more gaming courses than any other law school in the country.
- Academic Community. The LL.M. program builds on successful collaborations with the William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration, the International Gaming Institute, and the Center for Gaming Research.
- Current Research. UNLV faculty are engaged in cutting-edge research on gaming issues including problem gambling, employment law, data management, and many others.
Perks of going to school in Las Vegas
- Low cost of living, affordable housing, and no state tax
- International destination with world-class dining, entertainment, shopping, and nightlife
- Easy access to recreational and outdoor activities