Taxpayers are seen by appointment only. After receiving your request for assistance, the Tax Clinic will contact you to inform you as to whether we may be able to assist you and if so, to schedule an appointment with you.
Appointments are held at the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law at 4505 S. Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89154 in the Thomas & Mack Legal Clinic. The Tax Clinic is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What to bring
- Verification of personal identification (a photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport)
- Proof of your current income, including pay stubs or W-2s.
- Your Social Security card and the Social Security cards and birth dates for your spouse and dependents on your tax return. If you or your spouse or dependents do not have a Social Security Number, but have an ITIN then bring your ITIN letter or card.
- Copies of the tax return you filed for the year in question as well as copies of tax returns for previous years.
- Any letters you have received from the IRS.
- Any letters you have written to the IRS.
What happens after an appointment?
After an appointment the Tax Clinic will review your case to determine whether and how we may be able to assist you. If the Tax Clinic is able to offer assistance, we will contact you in writing. Also, if the Tax Clinic determines it is not able to assist you, we will contact you in writing. Please be aware that until you receive something in writing from us confirming that we have accepted your case, we do not represent you and you need to meet any deadlines on your own.