Page last updated on July 28, 2021.
Effective Friday, July 30, 2021, students, employees, and members of the public, regardless of vaccine status, are required to wear a face-covering while inside any building or structure on any UNLV campus or property. Face coverings must cover both the mouth and nose.
Boyd School of Law Building Protocols
The William S. Boyd School of Law remains closed to the public. Information about Boyd's community legal education courses, law library, and legal clinics is available below.
- Everyone entering the William S. Boyd School of Law and its facilities is required to wear a face covering within public indoor spaces. This includes wearing a face covering while in hallways, elevators, meeting rooms, offices, restrooms, classrooms, clinics, lobbies, library, student lounges, locker room and any other indoor public place where people may gather. The face coverings must cover both the mouth and nose.
- All Boyd community members and visitors are encouraged to observe six feet of social distancing within the law school.
- All Boyd community members should wash/sanitize their hands throughout the course of the day.
- All rooms at the law school – classrooms, conference rooms, shared offices – are limited to no more than 50% of their normal capacity. Please continue to hold meetings virtually when possible.
- The main Student Lounge (room 240) is closed, however the smaller Student Lounge (room 241) is open.
- When possible, elevators in the law school should be single occupancy.
- All Boyd community members should continue to play an active role in cleaning/sanitizing individual and common space within the parts of the building they are using. Cleaning supplies are available throughout the school.
- All Boyd community members must self-monitor for COVID-19-related symptoms before coming to the law school. The RebelSAFE mobile app offers a self-screening function. If you or someone in your household is exhibiting symptoms, please do not come to campus.
- Please continue to follow UNLV and CDC guidelines.
Community Legal Education Classes
- We are offering online classes to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and to comply with CDC guidelines concerning public gatherings. Links to the classes can be found here under each individual class.
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada and Nevada Legal Services continue to provide legal assistance and strongly encourage individuals to connect via telephone or email.
- For information about bankruptcy, collection proof, divorce, guardianship, immigration, paternity/custody and small claims, visit the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, call 702-386-1070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information about criminal record sealing, visit the Nevada Legal Services or call 702-386-0404.
- Throughout July and at least some of August, the Law Library facility will be open only to students, staff, and faculty of the William S. Boyd School of Law.
- Reference and other services will continue to be provided to all patrons by emailing email@example.com, through the reference librarian contact form, and by phone 702-895-2420.
- Non-law school patrons may contact the circulation desk at 702-895-2400 to inquire about checking out books.
- Questions? Please call 702-895-2420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomas & Mack Legal Clinic
- The Clinic will be re-opening for appointments only on July 1st. If you have any questions or need an appointment, please call 702-895-2080.
- La Clínica volverá a abrir para citas solamente el 1º de julio. Si tiene preguntas o necesita hacer una cita, favor de llamar al 702-885-2080.