Page last updated on June 10, 2021.
Please see the most recent communication from President Whitfield here with the current university protocols.
Boyd School of Law Building Protocols
The William S. Boyd School of Law remains closed to the public. Information about Boyd's community legal education courses, law library, and legal clinics is available below.
- All Boyd community members and visitors must wear face masks in the law school facility. Exceptions are permitted for:
- individuals who document a medical condition where wearing a mask is not advised, and
- individuals working alone in an enclosed office or workspace.
- All Boyd community members and visitors should observe six feet of social distancing within the law school.
- All Boyd community members and visitors need to observe and follow signage and barriers in place to help maintain social distance throughout the law school.
- All Boyd community members should wash/sanitize their hands throughout the course of the day.
- All rooms at the law school – classrooms, conference rooms, shared offices – are limited to no more than 50% of their normal capacity. Please hold meetings virtually when possible.
- The main Student Lounge (room 240) is closed, however the smaller Student Lounge (room 241) remains open with a seating capacity of five (5). Boyd students, faculty and staff must continue to wear masks and maintain social distancing in this space.
- Elevators in the law school are single occupancy only.
- The balcony accessible through the smaller Student Lounge (room 241) is available to the Boyd community as a place where masks can be temporally removed. Patio capacity is limited to 11 and social distancing must be maintained.
- There will be increased cleaning and disinfecting in the law school. All Boyd community members will need to play an active role in cleaning/sanitizing individual and common space within the parts of the building they are using. Cleaning supplies will be available throughout the school.
- All Boyd community members must self-monitor for COVID-19-related symptoms before coming to the law school. The RebelSAFE mobile app offers a self-screening function. If you or someone in your household is exhibiting symptoms, please do not come to campus.
- Anyone entering the Boyd School of Law and its classrooms must sign in and out at the identified locations.
- Continue to follow UNLV and CDC guidelines.
Community Legal Education Classes
- We are offering online classes to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and to comply with CDC guidelines concerning public gatherings. Links to the classes can be found here under each individual class.
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada and Nevada Legal Services continue to provide legal assistance and strongly encourage individuals to connect via telephone or email.
- For information about bankruptcy, collection proof, divorce, guardianship, immigration, paternity/custody and small claims, visit the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, call 702-386-1070 or email email@example.com.
- For information about criminal record sealing, visit the Nevada Legal Services or call 702-386-0404.
Thomas & Mack Legal Clinic
The Clinic will be re-opening for appointments only on July 1st. If you have any questions or need an appointment, please call 702-895-2080.
La Clínica volverá a abrir para citas solamente el 1º de julio. Si tiene preguntas o necesita hacer una cita, favor de llamar al 702-885-2080.