LAS VEGAS – Keith Smith, president and CEO of the Boyd Gaming Corporation, will deliver the keynote luncheon address at the “Summit for Corporate Governance,” Nov. 8, in Las Vegas, NV. Co-hosted by the UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law and global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP, the event will include engaging panels featuring public company officers and directors, legal practitioners, proxy advisory experts, investor relations professionals, and law school faculty who will examine the latest developments in corporate governance facing boards of directors.
As president and CEO of Boyd Gaming, Smith oversees one of the United States’ largest casino entertainment companies, with 29 properties and 24,000 employees in 10 states.
The summit will feature panel discussions on hot topics facing boards of directors in corporate governance, including the following:
- Setting the (Boardroom) Table: An overview of duties that all directors should know
- Asleep at the Switch: Lessons learned from the failure of board oversight in recent corporate scandals and cybersecurity gaffes
- Frenemies at the Gate: Activism and what institutional shareholders expect regarding board engagement, responsiveness, and corporate governance
- Not Too Much, Not Too Little: Challenges faced in executive and board compensation
- Loose Lips: Board oversight in the era of social media
- Who Among Us: Considerations of board composition
More information about the event can be found here.