Rachel J. Anderson
Professor of Law
Areas of expertise:
Good Governance in various areas. Courses: Business Organizations, International Business Transactions, International Law, Consumer Law, and Diversity Leadership.
Rachel J. Anderson is a tenured Professor of Law at the William S. Boyd School of Law, UNLV. She teaches courses on Business Organizations, Consumer Law, International Business Transactions, International Law, and Diversity Leadership.
Before becoming member of the full-time faculty at the William S. Boyd School of Law, UNLV in 2007, Professor Anderson worked at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (UK) in London, England, and MVV Consulting GmbH in Berlin, Germany. She has experience in international development projects and general corporate, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and securities matters.
Professor Anderson earned her J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, her M.A. in International Policy Studies from Stanford University, and her Zwischenpruefung from the Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany. While earning her J.D. at U.C. Berkeley, she served as Articles Editor on the California Law Review, Executive Editor on the Berkeley Journal of International Law, and Managing Editor of the Berkeley Journal of African-American Law & Policy. A longtime Nevada resident, Professor Anderson is a graduate of Edward C. Reed High School in Sparks, Nevada.
Professor Anderson’s contributions have been recognized with numerous awards, including:
- Urban Chamber of Commerce, Women in Business Award, 2015
- U.S. Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), Certificate of Commendation, 2015
- U.S. Senator Dean Heller (R-Nev.), Senatorial Recognition, 2015
- U.S. Congresswoman Dina Titus (D-Nev.), Certificate of Special Congressional Commendation, 2015
- U.S. Representative Joe Heck (R-Nev.), Certificate of Special Recognition, 2015
- U.S. Congressman Crescent Hardy (R-Nev.), Certificate of Congressional Recognition, 2015
- Lieutenant Governor Mark A. Hutchinson (R-Nev.), Certificate of Recognition, 2015
- Lawyers of Color Magazine, Law School Diversity 50 Under 50 List, 2014
- Progressive Leadership Alliance of Nevada, Certificate of Appreciation for Elevating the Conversation on Issues of Racial Equity and Social Justice, 2014
- U.S. Congressman Stephen Horsford (D-Nev.), Special Congressional Recognition, 2013
- Law Professors Division of the National Bar Association, Outstanding Service Award, 2013
- State Bar of Nevada, Medal of Justice, 2012
- University of California Berkeley, School of Law, Olin Law & Economics Fellowship, 2003
- University of California Berkeley, School of Law, Justice Ira F. Thomson Fellowship, 2002
In the News
September 14, 2016Las Vegas Review-Journal
March 24, 2016
January 22, 2016
November 16, 2015
June 19, 2015