The Bernstein Senior Fellow works with the Director of the UNLV Immigration Clinic to manage and lead the Immigration Clinic’s community service work. As part of this role, the Senior Fellow will lead the Edward M. Bernstein Children’s Rights Program, within the framework of the UNLV Immigration Clinic. The full job posting is here.
The Bernstein Senior Fellow will perform several roles, including:
- Direct representation of immigrant clients, including children and separated families.
- In cooperation with the faculty director, managing the UNLV Immigration Clinic’s legal practice.
- Community education work consistent with the mission of the clinic.
- Developing community service projects that further the work of the clinic and create opportunities for learning and service by UNLV students.
- Developing community partnerships that further the mission of the clinic.
- In cooperation with the faculty director, supervision and mentorship of other attorneys and staff in the UNLV Immigration Clinic.
- This position requires a Juris Doctorate from a regionally accredited college or university and a license in good-standing in a U.S. State.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of legal practice.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, solve problems creatively, handle multiple responsibilities, and take initiative required.
- Effective legal writing (writing sample may be requested).
- Background in immigration law.
- Demonstrated ability to build connections and networks in a diverse community.
- Preferred: Specific experience in deportation defense, federal court litigation, appellate law or other complex litigation.
- Preferred: Fluency in Spanish.
For more information or to apply, click here.