This event will be held in the Thomas & Mack Moot Court Facility.
To register for this CLE* program, click here.
*This program is pending approval for two ethics credits.
Program Moderator: Professor Kate Kruse
Topic: Alternative Dispute Resolution Ethics Hot Spots
Professor Jean Sternlight
- Ethical issues that face attorneys who advocate on behalf of their clients in negotiations, mediations, or arbitrations.
Topic: Overview of Recent Developments in Judicial Ethics
Professor Jeff Stempel
- Disqualification of State Court Judges on Constitutional Grounds.
- U.S. Supreme Court Decision in Caperton v. Massey (June 2009).
- Proposed Revisions to Nevada Code of Judicial Conduct.
- Differences Between Proposed Code and Current Code.
- Judicial Disqualification Based on Campaign Contributions.
Topic: Fee Disputes
Assistant Bar Counsel Glenn Machado
- Payment issues that may arise between the attorney and clients.
- Payment issues that may arise between an attorney and third-parties with an interest in a client’s litigation proceeds.
- An attorney’s obligations to both the client and third parties and the options available to the attorney.
- What type of behavior is likely to trigger sanctions.
- What happens to sanctions on review.