WhenThursday, April 9, 2020 -
April 9, 2020
8:00 - 9:00 am
COVID-19 and Child Welfare Cases
This webinar will highlight the federal government's recent guidance on emerging legal issues in child welfare cases. The webinar will help attorneys and judges apply that guidance in case-by-case decision-making on topics like visitation and family time, access to services in the case plan, due process and civil rights protections during remote court hearings, reasonable efforts findings, family reunification, termination of parental rights timelines, and other important aspects of a child welfare legal proceedings that may be affected by the pandemic.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS NOT FOR CLE CREDIT.
- Dr. Jerry Milner, D.S.W. – Associate Commissioner, Children’s Bureau, U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- David Kelly – Special Advisor, Children’s Bureau, U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services
- Judge Ernestine Gray – Orleans Parish; Chair of the ABA Commission on Youth at Risk
- Kathleen Creamer – Managing Attorney, Family Advocacy Unit, Philadelphia Community Legal Services
- Prudence Beidler Carr (Moderator) – Director, ABA Center on Children and the Law
Joint Sponsors: ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice, ABA Center for Children and the Law
Co-Sponsors: ABA Criminal Justice Section, ABA Section of Litigation, ABA Section of State and Local Government Law, ABA Senior Lawyers Division, ABA Standing Committee on Legal Aid and Indigent Defendants