I am excited to share some great news coming out of Boyd Nation:
- Brenda Weksler '02 has been appointed to fill a U.S. Magistrate seat here in Las Vegas, and this marks our first alum to join the Federal District Court. Honored as the 2018 William S. Boyd School of Law Alumna of the Year, Brenda is currently an Assistant Federal Public Defender in the trial unit where she has represented indigent clients since 2004. Prior to joining the Federal Public Defender, she clerked for the Honorable Kathy Hardcastle at the Eighth Judicial District Court.
- Jacqueline Bluth '07 was appointed to the Eighth Judicial District Court, Department Six by Governor Sisolak. Jacqueline works in the Clark County District Attorney’s Office and currently serves as the Chief Deputy District Attorney for the Homicide Division.
- Rhonda Forsberg '05 has been appointed to the Eighth Judicial District Court, Family Court Division, Department G. Rhonda currently manages her own private law office, where her practice includes divorce, custody, guardianship, adoptions, child support, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, and juvenile dependency.
- Rosa Solis-Rainey '01 has been appointed to the Nevada Gaming Commission by Governor Steve Sisolak. Rosa is the managing partner of Morris Law Group, where she represents businesses in commercial disputes, including litigating product liability claims, shareholder disputes, and professional liability claims. Previously, Rosa practiced commercial litigation and administrative/gaming law at Lionel Sawyer & Collins.
- Keith J.D. Hightower '17 has been chosen as Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs Director of the Office of Governor Sisolak. Keith has an extensive background in education, with experience in academic administration at UNLV Law School and as a public school teacher with Teach For America.
Congratulations to all on your new roles as public servants serving Nevada. Thank you Governor Sisolak for your continued support of the law school, its students, and alumni.
Dean & Richard J. Morgan Professor of Law